American Tourist Infected With Rat Lungworm After Eating Slug on Dare  The Epoch Times

An American tourist who ate a slug on a dare was infected with rat lungworm in Hawaii—one of only 10 cases in the year.

View full coverage on Google News
An American tourist who ate a slug on a dare was infected with rat lungworm in Hawaii—one of only 10 cases in the year.An American tourist who ate a slug on a dare was infected with rat lungworm in Hawaii—one of only 10 cases in the year.

American Tourist Infected With Rat Lungworm After Eating Slug on Dare

Three people have contracted this illness from a parasite in Hawaii recently. Find out the facts about rat lungworm disease hereTraveling to Hawaii soon? You’re going to want to read this.

What You Need to Know About Rat Lungworm Disease - Health

There have been three new cases of rat lungworm disease contracted by visitors to Hawaii, officials said. There have been three new cases of rat lungworm disease contracted by visitors to Hawaii, officials said.

Officials confirm 3 cases of rat lungworm disease in Hawaii | CTV News

The state Health Department has received confirmation from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of three unrelated cases of rat lungworm disease diagnosed in visitors to Hawaii island.

3 Hawaii island visitors confirmed to have contracted rat lungworm disease

HAWAIʻI ISLAND - One of the individuals, who visited East Hawai‘i in December 2018, became infected by purposely eating a slug on a dare, health officials say.

Three Rat Lungworm Cases Confirmed In Visitors To Hawaii Island

The CDC has confirmed three unrelated cases of rat lungworm disease in visitors to Hawai'i Island.

Rat Lungworm Confirmed in 3 Big Island Visitors | Big Island Now

With the additional confirmed cases of rat lungworm disease, this brings the statewide total to five in 2019, all of which were contracted on Hawai'i Island.

Maui Now : Three Unrelated Cases of Rat Lungworm Confirmed

Three visitors to Hawaii's Big Island were infected with rat lungworm, a potentially debilitating parasite that affects the brain and spinal cord.Three visitors to Hawaii's Big Island were infected with rat lungworm, a potentially debilitating parasite that affects the brain and spinal cord.

Hawaii: 3 new rat lungworm disease cases confirmed; tourists infected

The three adults contracted the disease separately ― and months apart.The three adults contracted the disease separately ― and months apart.

Visitor who ate a slug on a dare among latest confirmed cases of rat lungworm

Hawaii health officials confirmed 3 cases of rat lungworm disease, including one mainland US visitor infected with the parasite by eating a slug on a dare. That makes 10 angiostrongyliasis cases in 2018, 5 in 2019.Hawaii health officials confirmed 3 cases of rat lungworm disease, including one mainland US visitor infected with the parasite by eating a slug on a dare. That makes 10 angiostrongyliasis cases in 2018, 5 in 2019.

Rat lungworm disease: Hawaii visitor eats slug, gets parasite | Belleville News-Democrat

Health officials in Hawaii have announced three recent cases of rat lungworm disease in U.S. visitors to the state from Dec. 2018-Feb. 2019, including one that involved an adult who ate a poisonous slug on a dare.Health officials in Hawaii have announced three recent cases of rat lungworm disease in U.S. visitors to the state from Dec. 2018-Feb. 2019, including one that involved an adult who ate a poisonous slug on a dare.